Reserve Your Tutoring Time Slot
I am currently offering both in-home and online tutoring services as well as homeschooling, proofreading, editing, and transcribing services. I can simply facilitate your school’s online curriculum or also create supplemental educational enrichment experiences like hands-on science labs, book clubs, and art projects. I can help students hone study strategies and develop test-taking and time management techniques as well as conquer challenging homework problems. Learn more about my academic background. Browse the subjects and styles I specialize in tutoring. Read testimonials from satisfied students. Contact me to schedule your first session. Text is best for the swiftest response. References and curriculum vitae may be provided upon request.
* $100/hour for online tutoring via Skype
* $100/hour for homeschooling (½ day or longer)
* $125/hour for in-home tutoring within 15 minutes of Crooks and 12 Mile Road in Royal Oak
* $25/additional ½ hour of round-trip driving
* $0.10/word for proofreading via email
* $1/word for editing via email
* $1/audio minute for transcribing via email
Lunar Eclipse Referral Rewards Program
* Refer a friend & receive a complimentary hour of tutoring after their 5th hour.
Once in a Blue Moon Loyalty Card
* Garner 12 full moons in one month & receive a complimentary 13th hour of tutoring.
* A signed contract and a semi-refundable deposit of $250 per student are required to begin booking tutoring/homeschooling sessions; the deposit will be used to cover the cost of late cancellations.
* The balance of the deposit may be applied to the cost of the final week’s tutoring/homeschooling sessions or will be refunded via Zelle after tutoring/homeschooling services are no longer required.
* The following payment methods are accepted: Cash, Checks written to Katharine J. E. Ziegler, Credit Cards, or Zelle to kjelise at nocturnetutoring.com. Payment is due the same day that tutoring and homeschooling services are rendered. Late fees will accrue at $10 per day late. There is a $5 processing fee per $100 credit card transaction.
* For learning pods of up to four siblings or friends, the regular rate may be split between students. There is no separate flat fee per student. Each family is jointly responsible for the full regular rate.
* Appointments begin and end precisely at the agreed upon times. Late arrivals due to the fault of the student forfeit the missed minutes; late arrivals due to the fault of the tutor may make-up the missed minutes at the end of the session if time is mutually available or will receive a pro-rated rate.
* 24-hour advance notice via text or email is required as a courtesy to avoid being charged for cancelled sessions. Extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.
* After a trial week, either party may choose to suspend or sever the tutoring relationship for any reason. A week’s notice is appreciated, but only 24-hours advance notice is required to avoid fees.
* Driving beyond the standard travel radius of 15-minutes is available for an additional surcharge.
* Due to time constraints, the tutor cannot accommodate complimentary consultations or long phone calls exceeding a few minutes in her schedule. Text is best for the swiftest response.
* The tutor does not provide or share basic school supplies with students. She will bring her own pens, notebook, and calculator to sessions and asks each student to do the same for hygiene safety.
* There are no refunds for rendered tutoring/homeschooling/proofreading/editing/transcribing services.
* Proofreading involves correcting grammar errors, punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and citations. Any extensive formatting/rephrasing above and beyond that will be considered editing and charged accordingly.